If There’s a Promo Code Box, There Must be a Code, Right?!
You’re about to buy something online, you reach the checkout and you spot the promo code box. If there’s a promo code box, then surely somewhere out there, there’s a a promo code, right?
Where to find them…
In some cases this is an easy task, the really helpful companies list them on their offers page or social media feeds. This is always a good place to start. If this isn’t the case, here are some alternative places to look:
1. Head to one of the countless ‘voucher code’ sites, but be ready to be frustrated by expired codes and incorrect submissions. Money Saving Expert is normally the most reliable.
2. Do you know a student or someone with an ac.uk email address?! Student schemes like Unidays give access to a whole host of codes and offers. I am currently a part time student and regularly use my codes for friends and family.
3. Check the cashback sites – particularly Quidco, TopCashback.
4. Membership sites and forums often have deals with specific smaller companies. Sometimes using Google advanced search can help to find these. For example, I once found the Royal Horticultural Society member discount code for an outdoor clothes shop I was using and got 20% off!
5. Check whether any of your existing membership schemes, subscriptions or accounts have offers. For example, AA membership gives access to codes, as do some savings accounts. Many people also have schemes through their employer, which they forget about.
6. If it’s a subscription product, then look for referral codes. A large number of products offer incentives for joining via a referral. You can find our referral links here.
Good luck searching – there are sure to be some extra codes around as we head into Black Friday week.
– Vote in the Head for Points travel awards for a chance to win 10,000 Avios points.
– Don’t miss the Curve Card Black Friday competition. All you need to do is put one eligible transaction through your card to be entered to win up to £1,000 in Curve points. (See: What is Curve Card?)
– The fantastic Amex Shop Small offer is back for 2019! Make sure you save it to your card to get £5 off £10 spend with small businesses.
Take me to the Points
Like this post? You can get our tips and latest offers to your inbox for free! Just follow by email (use the box at the bottom of the page on mobile devices, top right on desktop) or on Facebook and Twitter. We will only send you our articles.
It would also be great if you decided to check out my other posts via the homepage.
Earn more with our referral codes including, Costa Coffee, Monese, Ola, Igloo Energy, American Express, Curve Card, Monzo, Sky TV, Green Network Energy, Hive, Caffe Nero and WeSwap HERE